3.17.2008

It's so much fun to turn 31!!!

We celebrated my 31st Birthday this past weekend! I can't believe I'm now "into my thirties"!! My sister, Leslie, called and said, "How can my baby sister be so old?" Well, I don't know how it happened, but here we are...me and THIRTY-ONE! I think 31 feels pretty good so far! I sure had a wonderful Birthday weekend! The celebrating started on Friday night. Doug took me out to the Cheesecake Factory (which I love). We sat out on the patio, enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather, and had such a good time together (and we MIGHT have eaten some Cheesecake...but points don't count near your Birthday right?) On Saturday, we slept in which is always nice. Then, Doug took me to the Rose Garden Tearoom, which is DEFINITELY one of my favorite places to go!  
I don't think that I've had a Birthday in the last 5 years (at least) that did not include that place as part of the celebration!! As always, the food was great...the cake and tea were even greater...and the atmosphere was a delight!  We had the waiter who is super affectionate (can't recall his name, but he's the one that always says when you leave, "I love you and there's nothing you can do about it!" Well, I got so tickled because when he found out we were celebrating my birthday, he gave me a big, sloppy kiss on the cheek and a hug! But then, he made his way over to Doug's side of the table, and yes...Doug got a big sloppy kiss and a hug too! I don't think he was quite prepared for that, but he smiled and laughed anyway! He brought us BOTH a HUGE piece of their (as "some" call it, better than sex) cake! It was great!!! The rest of Saturday, we shopped around the mall, which was fun. Then, we came home, got into jammies and watched the show, "Extras" on DVD.
On Sunday morning, we went to our Sunday school class where we got to see so many sweet friends. Then, Doug's Mom joined us for "big church", which was great as well. After church, we all gathered at my Mom's house for a Birthday lunch. She made such a wonderful meal (turkey, pork tenderloin, salad, mashed potatoes and not one, but TWO cakes!! We had the best time visiting with Allie, Ron, Brock, Mom, Dad, Faye, Aunt Ann and Uncle Loyd. I was gifted with lots of sweet, sweet gifts and cards as well. Then, Doug and I went to see "The Other Boleyn Girl", which I HIGHLY recommend! It was fabulous!!
So, this was a great weekend for me and I feel so blessed to have had special people to celebrate it with. I was also so happy to hear from SO MANY of you wonderful people! Thank you for your calls, messages, emails and cards in the mail! I felt (and feel) so incredibly loved and blessed...Thank you so much!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kim and Eric said...

Glad that your special day was way wonderful!!! Wished we could have celebrated with you! Love you, Kim

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

happy birthday! We were at the Tea Room on Saturday at 11:30 with family in town to celebrate Ava's birthday...if I would have seen you, I would have given you a b-day hug!

Sydney said...

Yes... it does look like you had a FUN 31~~ Ummm... the pic of you doing your hair is way too familiar. If only you could post a pic of your hair like that and wearing the pink nightgown. And if everyone could see how frightening your curling iron is (covered in baked hair product). But the finished product is so fabulous!
Glad you had such a fun time. Love the comment on the "extra benefits", you are a mess. Okay, this is the longest comment EVER!
LY, Syd