3.20.2008

Buenas Noticias...or, Good News!!!

 I have two pieces of good news to share! First off, we FINALLY got our car back from the body shop. It was only there for a month!! We actually managed the One Car Mambo just fine. If nothing else, the experience has helped us to really appreciate having two cars. What's funny, though, is that we're now thinking about continuing to carpool to work. It turned out to be pretty fun to have that time together in the morning and coming home too...also it will help us save on gas! I have to say that I was VERY timid about getting the car back. I think that wreck must have really traumatized me because I have been so scared about even sitting in that car again. When we went to pick it up from the shop, I felt sort of sick to my stomach. But, Doug encouraged me to "get back on the horse"...so I did and it was fine. Of course, driving on Loop 12 in rush hour was not exactly the first ride "back on the horse" that I was hoping for! But, I survived and felt much better after driving it more today. The second piece of good news has to do with these lovely scenes that you are looking at on this post! These are pictures of Playa del Carmen, Mexico, the place where we were honeymooners AND where we will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary! We'll be staying here...
 This is the Iberostar Quetzal, a resort in Playa which will be the setting for several days of relaxing fun!! We finalized our plans yesterday and CANNOT WAIT to go!! We have been working with a travel agent, and we are so happy that she was able to find us a good deal! We're looking so forward to this trip, and to celebrating ONE YEAR OF MARRIAGE! I cannot even believe it's almost been a year since we said, "I Do". I guess it's true that time flies when you're having fun...

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kim and Eric said...

YAY!!! I know that it will be such a great time for y'all as you celebrate!!! Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

We had our honeymoon in Playa too ... we LOVED it and can't wait to go back. I'm jealous!!

The Hake Family said...

Have a great time! Happy Anniversary!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Looks heavenly!