This post was inspired by my friend LynnAnn' blog. She recently wrote about the lost art of writing thank-you notes. See the post here. Anyway, while reading her post I had an epiphany...or an epifery as my husband calls it. I realized that my blog might be a perfect avenue for saying "THANK YOU" for the not one, not two, but THREE gifts we received for our wedding that had no card attached when we went to open them. Yes, my wedding was a year and a half ago. But despite my efforts to find out who the dear gift-givers were, I came up with no answers!
So, it has been a worry in my soul (and my Mom's soul) since May 2007. After all, what if I've been in the presence of one of these people since that time? You know in their heads they're thinking, "What a jerk she is! I gave her the nicest gift and she never even took the time to say thank you!" I'm guessing this is what they'd say in their heads because it's probably, no definitely, what I'd say in my head. Sorry to admit that I think it's jerky to not write a thank-you note. But I feel I earned the privelege to say it's jerky to not write notes after writing 402 thank-you's following our wonderful wedding!
And the truth is, it IS JERKY! We were so incredibly blessed by the generosity of so many people during our wedding celebration. To think that they took the time to think of and purchase a gift for us is just amazing, and I hate to think that anyone would ever feel unappreciated after that generosity. So, here it is...my final effort to thank these people for three wonderful gifts:
1. A great toolset...fully equipped with a mini-drill, and a wide variety of tools...Doug has used this set on numerous occasions since our wedding. He loves it, and I love it because now that he has that, he can't claim to not have the right tools to complete my "honey do's". THANK YOU!!!
2. A 7" Santoku knife from Bed, Bath & Beyond...wonderful tool for the kitchen! THANK YOU!!!
3. 16 piece glasses set from Dillards (Libby brand)...also great! They've held up well despite my talent of dropping dishes in the sink while I wash them. THANK YOU!!!
If the givers of any of these gifts happens to read my blog, and you know you didn't receive a thank-you note from us, would you PLEASE tell me! I want to thank you appropriately...not just on my blog! And, if you know who the givers might have been, or know of anyone that has been cursing my name for a year and a half due to the neglect of a thank-you note...please tell me! If they've been cursing my name for a year and a half for other reasons not related to thank-you notes, don't tell me. :)
12.04.2008
A way to say thank you...hopefully!
Posted by Holly at Thursday, December 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Uh oh . . . either you used your spiritual gift of exaggeration on me and had 3 extra gifts instead of 5 or you've forgotten 2 of your unthankyoud gifts!
I may have received 2 gifts in the mail from BB&B on the same day and somehow managed to throw one of the receipts away after stowing the gift and then immediately forgetting what it was. So I wrote thank yous for the gift I could remember and sent it to both people. 50% of the thank yous went to the right person . . .!!!
I got a step ladder when we got married (2004) that came in the mail with no info on who sent it. To this day when I use said step ladder I feel REALLY guilty that that person didn't get a thank you card.
Maybe I should send out the Thank You through Facebook.
Post a Comment