4.09.2008

What the HAIL??

So, as they say, "April showers bring May flowers." Well I say, "April showers KILLED MY flowers!" I guess it's a good thing that I got inspired to capture my garden on yesterday's post. Last night at about 11 something...the biggest storm with the biggest hail I've seen in awhile blew through and pelted our house and our yard! Not only was it terrifying (like the LOUDEST pounding noise ever!), BUT...it also managed to do the damage seen below! :( Many of my flower friends are laying down dead. Others got their "heads" completely hacked off. Others are hanging on for dear life crying out for sunshine...a very sad day for the garden AND the gardener!

 
Doug went outside IN the hail to retrieve a few pieces...they were pretty big!
 
Closer up...
 
The wasteland that is my garden :(
 

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Hake Family said...

So sorry about your garden Hots!

Two Sisters said...

That is so sad:(. But I have to admit, you, retelling the story (not to mention the title), had me laughing outloud. Your flowers were beautiful...maybe they will be back next year.

Erin said...

My mom called, sad about the same thing. Hail knocked all the buds off her roses. They were about to bloom and be beautiful. :-(

Kim and Eric said...

Sad about your garden! Glad you took pictures before the hail came and stomped all over them. :(

Mallie&Brandon said...

You are the best storyteller... Funny lady.