Uncle Doug and I got to babysit Brock last night for a few hours. Brock will turn 4 in December. He has such a sweet personality, and funny sense of humor. We had a great time playing together. At one point, he wanted to see "Cat in the Hat". He saw that Nana had a video of that on the tv console. So, being the fun auntie that I am, I said, "Sure!" Well, little did I know that this was NOT the cartoon version of Cat in the Hat. It was the Mike Myers version. When I hit "play", this was the face that Brock first saw. Well, he immediately started shaking his head, "No!" and said,"The tat in the hat is scared of me". Of course, what he meant was "I am scared of that Cat in the Hat!". I turned it off quickly, but I'm pretty sure it traumatized him because the rest of the evening he kept saying,"I no like that Tat in the Hat...it scared of me". Great...we've scarred him for life!
Later in the evening, after I put B into bed, he woke up screaming..."I scared!" I thought, "Oh great...the tat in hat has really done it!" No, he was just scared because it was raining. So, I took him to lay down with me in the big bed. He just stayed wide awake for awhile. Finally, I said, "Honey, are you not sleepy?" He replied in a very serious voice, "Aunt Hotsie, I am winding down!" So funny!! It's hard not to laugh AT them when they're so stinkin' hilarious! I love being his aunt!
4.18.2008
Sweet time with Brock...
Posted by Holly at Friday, April 18, 2008
Labels: Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love being an Aunt too! They say the cutest things. And it is so hard not to laugh at them. Love you!
Kim
I saw you Sunday going into Panera Bread. I was pulling out of my parking spot or I would have said hi.
Post a Comment