2.21.2008

An update...

Yes, this is the THIRD post I have added this evening. Can you tell I got a little glued to the computer? It occurred to me, though, that I wanted to give a little update about our car accident. Most of you know that last weekend, Doug and I had a car accident on I-30. While driving in the rain, our car hydro-planed, did a 180, and crashed into the guard rail. Thankfully we were not hurt at all! Our car, however, was not so lucky. But, cars can be fixed! And ours will be all fixed...in about three weeks! Ugggggh...
Anywho, we received the estimate today...a whopping $8,000+ in damages (thank the Lord for car insurance), all of which they say are "body" damages, not internal stuff. Here's hoping! We were pretty surprised that they didn't total out the car. So, for now, Doug and I are doing the morning commute together. I must say that this has been a fun experience for us. It's nice to get to talk in the morning on the way to work, and then visit on the way home as well. It's working out okay so far. He drives us to his office in his car, then I take the car and return to pick him up at the end of the day. So, we'll see if this is still "fun" in three weeks! :) If nothing else, it will remind us that we're blessed to have two cars...and even more blessed to have our lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.