I've always loved Valentine's Day! What's funny about that is that throughout life, I hardly EVER had a boyfriend or a "someone special" on this day. I have just loved that there is a day set aside to celebrate love (Oh and also, I love chocolate and the colors red and pink). There have been, however, TWO times that I did have a special Valentine.
I got my very first boyfriend on Valentine's Day during 5th grade (I think). He wrote, "Will you go with me?" on one of the Spiderman Valentines that he brought for the whole class. Well, I couldn't have been more thrilled! So, I sent my friend to go tell his friend to tell him that YES, I would go with him! When I got home from school that afternoon, I told my Mom that I was "going with" a boy. Of course, her reply (and I'm going to remember to say this to my child someday) was, "Oh really, and where are y'all going?" It was quite a romance that we had there for those two weeks until the inevitable "break up". I don't remember being very devastated about that.
It was Valentine's Day of 2005 when Doug gave me a Valentine telling me for the first time, that he loved me. I treaure that card, and always will. Even more, though, I treasure the love that we have for each other. I also treasure the love that is shared with our friends and our family. What a blessing it is to love and be loved...it's one of the greatest gifts of all!
2.14.2008
I Heart Heart Day
Posted by Holly at Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So sweet! Happy Valentine's Day to you both.
Happy Valentines Day... Are we talking about Shannon Butler here? Because he was a romantic one!
Hi Holly,
It's Katie Edwards. Shannon Butler!! I actually remember it, it was all the rage among us Duff Mustangs! BTW - I adore that pic of you and Mal, that's a little treasure.
Take Care.
I promise I'm not a blog stalker. I just saw a comment you posted once on Syd's blog and I bookmarked your page:). I like reading Hot's blog. Hope you don't mind.
Delta love,
Jana G.
Post a Comment