On Mother's Day, we had the gang over to the house for a lunch and celebration. I worked and worked getting everything ready. In the end, I had a to-do list of my last minute to-do's. It was "modified"...
Can't imagine who was responsible for that!
So, once the demons got banished from the oven, everything was all ready to go. The next picture has no other purpose besides that I was proud of my pretty little table. Doug and I potted those flowers as gifts for the three Mothers present (My Mom, Doug's Mom Faye, and Allie).
After the grownups had our meal, it was time for Little Miss to have her rice cereal. This is a new addition to her diet. Based on what happened later in the evening, I'm thinking she's not tolerating it too well. 
After Allie put her down, she was screaming! I'm a total wuss when it comes to crying babies. The whole "crying it out" thing is too much for this soft soul. So, I went to pick her up. Well, Aunt Hotsie had to learn just how true that old saying is: "No good deed goes unpunished."
Face...check. Hair...check. Shirt...check. Inside shirt...check. Pants...check. Feet...check.
I thought her head was going to spin.
It was like the Exorcist.
Then, she just smiled at me.
Doug ran away and closed the door behind him.
I guess we're still not ready! :)
For now, we'll just be the Auntie and the Uncle. Works for us!
Even if it means getting covered in vomit sometimes!
I feel bad that this post is so Chloe heavy. But, keeping with the trend, here's one last cute one of the girl in her ballerina outfit.
So stinkin' cute.

3 comments:
There will come a day when projectile vomit is no big deal...unfortunately : )
Well, it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time that you are on the receiving end of that joy. :)
take the word just out of that title! Being an aunt is fantastic!
Post a Comment