So, sometimes it might seem like a great idea to put potato skin peelings down the disposal (which I've always called the "dispose-ALL" meaning that surely it will take anything I give it!) Well, below that you will see that it is NOT a good idea to put potato skins down the "dispose-some". I really thought it would work great! But, before I knew it, I had two sink-fulls of water and potato nastiness. So, my dear husband came in with the super plunger to "work his magic". Hmmmmm. Not so magical. The end result was our landlord attempting to fix the sink with his wife screaming orders at him in Chinese. I'm not sure what all was being said, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the idiot who thought it would be a great idea to put potato skins in the disposal. When they left our house, I'm pretty sure they were in a fight and our sinks were still full of gunk. If you know me well, you know that I am a little neurotic when it comes to things being neat and clean. There was no way that I was about to have all of our dishes sitting out with food on them until tomorrow when he returns with a new pipe. Yes, a new pipe is needed. So, being the nut that I am, I insisted that we do this...
That's right, I washed the dishes in the front yard. This should bring back some memories for Kim and LynnAnn. When the 3 of us lived together, I went head to head with the "dispose-some" in our house too. And let's just say it didn't appreciate the POT of rice that I emptied into it. That evening also resulted in dishes being washed by a hose in the backyard. I just couldn't bare to put nasty dishes unrinsed in the dishwasher. And I definitely wasn't gonna leave them out on the cabinet since the other evening I encountered a roach that was bigger than my car. So, what else was there to do but scrub-a-dub-dub in the front yard!! Of course, Doug thought this was totally nuts and felt the need to "document". It was a fun show for the neighbors and passersby.
6.19.2008
Not so ap"peel"ing...
Posted by Holly at Thursday, June 19, 2008
Labels: Just Us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Just in case you were thinking about it, it isn't a good idea to put half a container of Progresso bread crumbs down the Dispose-SOME either. Just sayin...
Also, the mental picture I got of Peter and Grace fighting in your kitchen is too much! I bet I can guess who won that fight :)
Hillarious!!! Only you Holly would clean the dishes in the front yard. I totally remember the rice episode. Love how Doug documented it all. Miss you, Kim
Oh my gosh, that is too funny. I did the same thing except I am not so smart and kept turning the disposal on and a tornado of water would shoot all over me.
Post a Comment