Well, at least I think I'm back in business. Some of you know that I have a love-hate relationship with my sciatic nerve. I love it when I don't know it's there. I HATE IT when I'm keenly aware of its presence due to the fact that it causes days of FOB (that's flat on back) and horrific pain! This little problem arose back in 2003 when I took up jogging/running. What was a wonderful exercise and route to weightloss eventually turned into the nightmare that is Sciatica. I've seen multiple doctors over the years, had MRI's, CTscans, LOTS of Hydrocodone...the works! It seems that about every six months I do something that re-injures or re-irritates that nerve. This time it was my poor decision to do some leg presses at the gym that put me FOB for about 5 or 6 days. This week, I saw the Orthopedist (who by the way, I'm pretty sure was twelve years old). So, "Doogie" as I like to call him, has suggested a very conservative approach to my healing to start out with...special exercises at PT and swimming. We'll see how this goes. Of course, there's a lot of other things to do if this doesn't work...the last option being surgery, which I have no interest in having!
So, just wanted to give a little update on my "condition" as I've had so many of you sweet friends call to inquire. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for me as I navigate this road to recovery. I'm headed to the pool at 5am for some "pool walking". You should know that I bought myself a snazzy red mask and snorkel today. The doc said I could use these to swim since I'm not good at doing the breast-stroke and BREATHING at the same time...that is important. Surfs up!
6.17.2008
"Back" in business!
Posted by Holly at Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Labels: Just Us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hate that you are having troubles again with that pesky nerve. Oh how I wish I could be pool walking with you...we would have so much fun! Praying for you! Love you.
Holly + red mask and snorkel + swimsuit + 5:00am + pool walking= AWESOME! Can we come sneak a peek?
Thanks for your sweet comments. I have a sciatic nerve issue also! Just reading your post made me stretch out my leg. Isn't it horrible?? Hope you are feeling better.
You kill me!!! Good Luck!
Post a Comment