6.22.2008

A little less wisdom...

 Well, as wise as I know Doug is, his mouth no longer holds the proof! On Friday, Doug went
"under the knife" for the first time in his life to have all FIVE of his wisdom teeth removed. It's quite rare to have more than four. But guess who else had five?? Me! Funny, huh? Doug had the nurses and the doc pretty cracked up when I went back to see him after the surgery was complete. He was high as a kite!! He had quite alot to say...mostly very funny things, but one pretty inappropriate thing of a sexual nature. Let me just tell you what a proud moment it was for me. Now that your curiosity is peaked about what on earth he said, I guess I'll have to tell you. The nurse was informing me how to roll the gauze bandages to make a little "bulge" in the sides of his mouth. Well, wouldn't you know that Mr. Laughing Gas just had to pipe up and say, "My wife always gives me a bulge...but not in my mouth." His speech was all slurred and his eyes were glazed over. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that instead of performing surgery, they really snuck him out the back door to a bar. Well, his comment sent the staff into some pretty hysterical laughter. Thank goodness they weren't the uptight type, right? So this weekend we've been taking it pretty easy. I've gotten to be his nurse, which has been a nice change. Up to this point, it's been him having to take care of me with my many ailments! So although I'm not happy that he had to have the surgery, I am happy that I could be here to take good care of him. He's a very good patient! BTW, the "creatures" pictured above with Doug are his "pets" from growing up. Doug wasn't ever able to have real animals due to his Mom's bad allergies. So, the bears (Beoy {Bee-Wee}and Thatcher...now both 20+ years old) have been his pets! I thought I'd bring them out to give him some extra TLC! :)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Poor Dougie!
However, I am cracking up that you were embarrassed to tell Trent that story and yet you posted it on the internet!!! :)

Allison Nelson said...

You guys crack me up!

Sydney said...

LOVE this story. And like I told you earlier today, I am so glad that it wasn't worse. It could have been much worse :)

You guys both have a thing for embarrassing moments!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my gosh, I know how painful that can be. Great pic, my hubby would kill me if I posted that :-)

Mommy of Two said...

Hilarious! I am sure you may have not found it quite as funny at the time though.