1.27.2008

4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+1= DOUG!!

Happy, Happy Birthday to my dear husband!! This past week, we celebrated his 33rd Birthday. What a great week of celebration it was! The week started out with a surprise visit from one of Doug's best friends, Walker. Doug and Walker are friends from college. He was here from Jackson, MS for a business trip, and arranged with me ahead of time to have dinner with us for Doug's Birthday. On Monday night, Doug was planning to be at his soccer game. At the last minute, I told him, "Nope, you need to be ready at 5:30pm and that's all you get to know!" Very perplexed, but a lover of surprises, he followed my lead. I typed the address of the shady "Sleep Inn" that Walker was staying in out by the airport into the GPS and told Doug to drive! As we headed into the airport, I could see the wheels turning in his mind..."Is she taking me on a trip?"...I wish! But, getting to see Walker was even better!! When we pulled up to the shady "Sleep Inn", I told Doug to "Go get it!". He was very confused, but went on inside. Before going in, he stopped at my car door window to inquire if he looked okay! As he walked into the lobby, he was accosted by his dear friend, Walker! Doug was in total shock, but so happy! Walker treated us to an amazing meal at Fogo de Chao in Addison. It is truly an experience to go there! Not one that our Weight Watchers teacher would have been very happy about of course, but great nonetheless! I should also add that Doug did, in fact, go play in his soccer game following the gluttony fest at Fogo. The fact that I needed to be carried out of the restaurant on a stretcher, and he went and played SOCCER 10 minutes later is alarming to me!
On Wednesday, we had the pleasure of having dinner with our Moms at Macaroni Grille, which was great!! After that, Doug and I came home for our own Birthday celebration...no details on that of course! Then, on Friday, we went out for a fun celebration with friends! I picked up a cake at a favorite local bakery to take with us to Bingo. I had planned to have the title of this blog written on his cake. But when I got up to the counter, I could quickly tell that the lady was in no mood for any funny business. I can't imitate her in writing... Anywho, I figured the basic, "Happy Birthday Doug" was about all I was gonna get out of her! (Extra note...some may not know that the number 4 is Doug's favorite...lots more to explain that, but I'll save it for another time.) Anyway, Doug seemed to have a wonderful week, and it was so much fun to celebrate him!

 

Walker and Doug posing with the classic sign of the "4" in front of hanging meat at Fogo de Chao...
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: