4.10.2009

On the move...

Well, this 'ol house is about to be a thing of the past for Mr. and Mrs. Steffensrud!
That's right, tomorrow is the day that we are packin' it up and movin' it all over to Mom's house. Well, actually we've been doing that for a couple of weeks now! I think we've driven the road between our house and hers more times in the past week than in my entire lifetime. It's strange how a local move, especially one that's only about 2 miles away, can feel so much more tedious and time consuming than a far-away move. I've moved halfway across the country and across town, and I'd say this has been the toughest one yet!

It's not just tough physically either. I have to say it...I'm sad. I realize we're moving forward, and taking a step that will set us in the right direction. I know it's what is right and the best thing for us. I know we will enjoy being at Mom's house. No doubts about any of that.
But nonetheless, I am sad.

You see, this was our first NEST!

It was Easter Weekend 2007 when we were working our little hearts out trying to get this place ready to move into. In just a few weeks, our wedding was about to happen and we had to have it all ready! So, we worked...

and worked... and worked somemore.
And as you can see, had a good time doing all that "work" as well!

And all of our hard work resulted in a cozy little house...


that has truly been a HOME!

I planted our first flowerbed...


and now what was a tiny little nothing bush is a huge, wonderful bush that by the way IS going to be transplanted to my Mom's house. Doug doesn't think I'm serious.

We also had our first Christmas here...



But now, it's time to pack it up and go make more memories...





A HOUSE IS BUILT OF WALLS AND BEAMS,
A HOME IS BUILT OF LOVE AND DREAMS.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, that had me in tears! James and I still live in our first "nest" and I don't know how we'll ever leave!

Sydney said...

Sweet, sweet memories from that first home. But you have such exciting things in your future! I don't know what we will do when we leave this place we brought all 4 babies home to!
LOVE you!

carridawn said...

Congratulations! So happy for y'all! Best wishes as you begin the next chapter! Fun times ahead :) Sending lots of love to y'all from KS~ love,cd

LynnAnn said...

crud! I just remembered I left you a message saying I was bringing your bsf lesson over! I'm actually on my way right now!

Amy Duty said...

Okay, you don't know me, but I'm a friend of Katie's and I love to read all her friends' blogs. Pitiful, huh?? Anyway, it looks like you lived in Graham Square and I'm looking for a place there. If you know of any good info. about getting "in", would you email me??

Thanks,
Amy
amyeboynton@hotmail.com