4.06.2009

A Big Birthday and Bubble Blowing

This past weekend, we celebrated my sweet Mom's 60Somethingth Birthday! Actually, I'll tell you she's 68 only because I can't believe it! She just gets better with age!! I only hope I got her genes when it comes to the whole aging thing!
Her actual Birthday was on Saturday. We had a great lunch together, along with some of our best friends, Margie and Megan. We also went shopping. One of the things she got was a new cell phone to replace the 10 year-old cell phone she's been carrying around...well, for 10 years! She told me that she had it on her desk at school recently and one of the students said, "What is THAT?" She said, "It's my cell phone." The kid said, "Oh, I thought it was a brick!"
Carrying around a 10 year-old cell phone is just one of the things that describes my Mom's sweetness. She probably never replaced that old phone because that would mean spending money on herself instead of on her kids or grandkids! She's just sweet that way!
She'll say this isn't a great picture of her, but I think she's so beautiful...in all pictures!!


Mom with 2 of her 3 babies and 1 of her 2 grandbabies
You know I couldn't help but take a picture (or 20) with our little sweetheart!

Big Boy Brock...4 years old and such a ham! After seeing some fresh flowers in the restaurant, he said, "Mommy, those flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!!" Love this kid!


And on to blowing bubbles...Chloe has mastered a new trick! Please excuse the very obnoxious lady running the camera.


Mom, I hope you know on your Birthday and always how very much your family loves you!Thank you for being our Mama!!!
You truly are the BEST!!!!





2 comments:

LynnAnn said...

Happy birthday Sweet Donna! I love you!

Mallie&Brandon said...

sweet and beautiful! When is she going to get blogging???