We had a wonderful time on Halloween night! We went to my sister's house in the early evening. I cooked dinner for the fam and then it was time to get in our costumes! I dressed as our family's cat, Risky.
Brock LOVES Risky so I thought this would be the perfect costume to take him trick-or-treating in! It was a hit for sure...so much so that he thought he needed to be Risky later in the evening. Brock dressed as Superman!
He has been "trying out" the costume for about a week now. He was so excited to finally wear it "for real"! Earlier this week, he told Nana that he'd like to go outside and try flying. When it didn't work, he told her he probably just needed to be a little bit taller! Love him!!!
Allie and Nana were matching pumpkins in their orange tops and black pants. Allie also doubled as a pregant lady...ya know, since she's days (maybe even just hours or minutes) from delivering baby girl! Ron went as Daddy and Uncle Charlie went as Uncle Charlie. And then there was Doug...If you know him, you know he loves Halloween and actually any other occasion that is a reason to get into a costume! He went this year as one of his favorite characters, Space Ghost. I thought that noone would know who that even was. But the second we stepped out of the house, all sorts of neighbors were yelling, "Hey Space Ghost...cool costume!" Who knew?
Trick-or-treating was GREAT! It has been a long time since I'd done that. Made me think of you, Mallie! Their street goes ALL OUT for Halloween with some pretty amazing decorations and scenery! At one house, an 8 foot tall monster came running out of the garage with a hack saw. Of course, I screamed bloody murder and Brock started screaming too. The "monster's" wife said, "Honey, you're not supposed to scare the little ones. I heard him say, "Oops" under his mask and then he turned and walked back into the garage! Yikes! We had so much fun and look forward to doing this again next year with Baby Girl in the mix too!
11.01.2008
Happy Halloween!!
Posted by Holly at Saturday, November 01, 2008
Labels: Family, Holidays/Celebrations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You are so cute! I loved your mystery dinner idea! FUN!
I hope to post on Tues. We'll see how it goes.
I love the organic banana...You guys looked great! What fun!
meow meow meow meow. How fun...
Post a Comment