3.20.2011

Thirty...plus some.

We've been celebrating my 34th Birthday for several days now, which has been great fun.  My actual Birthday was on Wednesday.  We did a little bit of celebrating that night after work.  Doug and I had a great dinner and enjoyed dessert at the Spiral Diner in Ft. Worth on Magnolia, which was great!  This Saturday, we got together with my sweet family for a whole day and eve of fun!  Our fun started with a picnic at Pantego Park...


Chloe Claire (2)

Brock (6)

These little kids are so incredibly precious! I know I might be biased as their aunty, but they really are such sweet kids.  They make every occasion so much fun, and it is one of my sweetest delights in life to be their aunt!



I love that my almost *0 year-old Mother is a Nana (Nanny) who still likes to slide!! She's a hoot!


I guess we Hill girls don't ever lose our zest for playground fun!


Then there's this guy!! What an amazing husband Doug is to me.  He just does whatever he can possibly do to make me smile, laugh and feel completely loved! He did many things this week to make my Birthday special, but loving my family the way he does is one of the finest ways that he shows love to me.

Brock and Chloe both are NUTS about their Uncle Doug!
Back to our day...
After a fun time at the park, we decided to go back home to Mom's house.  Brock has been working hard to learn how to ride his bike.  We worked on it alot in the afternoon, all of us helping him and he finally got it!! I hate that I didn't capture a picture of him actually riding.  We are so incredibly proud of him!!

After a very fun afternoon, Mom cooked a delish meal and she, of course, made her famous chocolate cake...my favorite!!



We had great time together as a family, and then put the kiddos to bed.  Mom was sweet to let us all go to the movies, while she stayed home with the babies.  Allie, Ron, Doug and I went to see "Unknown", which was excellent! Kept us on the edge of our seats the whole time!

Moving on to Sunday...
I knew Doug was sort of up to something this week...texting alot and being a little sneaky. I didn't probe, though, as I figured he was trying to surprise me in some way or another.  After church, we were heading out to lunch...I thought.  He pulled the ol "I need to swing by the house to get something" trick and before I knew it, I was standing in my kitchen with about 25 people!! Some of our sweet 10th graders that we teach in Sunday school approached Doug about having a little party for me. 
So they worked on it together and made a wonderfully fun party for me at our house...complete with lunch and cake and flowers and cards and gifts! It was excellent!



Chloe thought the whole day was pretty excellent too! :)





This was a wonderful Birthday for me, and I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life who made me feel so very special and loved!
Thanks!!!

0 comments: