5.29.2008

Fancy meeting you...

So today as I'm walking across the parking lot of Babies R Us, I spot a 4-slotted stroller contraption containing FOUR babies. Immediately I realized that it was them...the famous "Steece Quads". These quads live in the Arlington area and have been somewhat "famous". Sure enough, I saw their Mommy pushing them and recognized her immediately from her blog, which I stalk on a daily basis. Well, now that much of life is broadcasted on people's blogs, you can begin to feel like you know people...EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T!!! I was talking to Meggan on the phone during the "siting". We debated if I should greet her or not. Actually, I debated...Meggan said, "You HAVE TO talk to her!". Well, you know what I did! "Hey Steeces' Pieces", I YELLED across the parking lot! Without any hesitation, she immediately steered her quad-contraption towards me with those 4 sweet angels in tow. She met me with wide open arms and a big hug! Of course, I couldn't recall her real name for a minute, so I just kept calling her "Steeces Pieces" (for those of you who don't frequently stalk other peoples' blogs, this is the name of her blog.) She (Suzanne) was incredibly friendly! I felt like I was meeting a celebrity. I sort of had that awkward feeling like I didn't want to say something stupid (as though screaming "Hey Steeces Pieces" was not stupid), so I didn't say much. I just gawked at her sweet babies and told her my name and that yes, I am one of her blog fans. As I walked away from her, another gaggle of ladies spotted the quads in the quad-contraption. I heard one ask Suz (yeah, we're on a nickname basis now) if she had all 4 of the babies at one time? She must get asked lots of dumb questions like that. This was a hilarious moment for me.

2 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Oh my gosh - you didn't tell me about that part! (The dumb question). Classic. That moment is not one that I will forget anytime soon. Her blog has blessed my life! :)
Love you!

Sydney said...

This is great, pretty hilarious. However, this is nowhere near as funny as the laryngectomy man at Gene Allens. PLEASE blog about that story one day. Or I will write it for you :)
LY!