11.03.2007

No, I'm NOT a JUDGE!!

So, Friday Nov. 2nd marks the date that I officiated my first wedding. I was honored to be asked by our friends Hayley Tuttle and Jay Funderlic to help them "tie the knot". I have been anticipating this event now for about four months...and let me tell you, I have been NERVOUS...and that's putting it lightly. In my usual fashion, I procrastinated writing the ceremony until the week of...just in case it decided to write itself I guess? Well, it didn't, so I finally did! That made me feel somewhat better to at least know that I had a gameplan. But, the fact is, you can put whatever you want to on paper. That does not mean it's what will come out when you're standing before a crowd of about 200 people. I was fortunate to make it through the ceremony without passing out, however I did almost sweat to death. I opted to wear a robe (thanks to my bro-in-law, Ron). See, when you're a man (and I'm not) you can wear a SUIT. What an easy solution to the dreaded "What do I wear?" Well, I just could not feel good about officiating a ceremony in a coctail dress, nor did I think it would be appropriate for me to wear my own wedding gown (a funny thought though). So, I thought a robe would be perfect. Of course, as I was standing outside waiting to go in, a member of the staff at Delaney Gardens passed me and said something along the lines of, "Hello,Your Honor"...then, when he realized I was NOT a judge, He said, "Oh, I'm SO SO sorry" as though he had committed some mortal sin. It was great! I gotta wear that thing more often!! All in all, it turned out to be a great evening. As you see in the pictures, Hayley was a beautiful bride and Jay was a handsome groom! I was so blessed to be a part of such a special event...and I am now even more blessed that it's OVER! :)

1 comments:

Kim and Eric said...

I just love that you have a blog!!!! I loved reading about the whole wedding event! So glad that it went well. I think I will start calling you "Judge Holly". You are so funny!